Otis Clay began sculpting and arranging his Park in 1947. When he began, there were no lakes on the property. The Fishing Lake (also known as the Campground Lake) was created early on by the damming of Fox Run creek. This dam is located at the spillway bridge on the southeast end of the Lake. As it was the first big lake on the property, it began its existence as the original Swimming Lake. There was a bank barn on the shore that served as a bath house. In addition to swimming, Clay also began to host church picnics, wiener roasts, and other kinds of gatherings on the property.